Integration with ERP systems
We are specialists in integrating warehouse and accounting systems with our propriety systems. We design our solutions taking into account the present and future challenges of OmniChannel sales. We perform integrations with software dedicated for orders, as well as we have ready integrators for such popular ERP systems as:
Purpose and benefits of integration
Quick access to information is one of the key factors influencing the quality of customer service in every business. Providing such communication is the more difficult, the more points of contact we are trying to serve at the same time. According to the OmniChannel strategy, we need to provide common experience in each of these points, and it can be achieved only through consistency of information. In addition, integration can bring the following gains:
- Time - shortening order processing to a minimum by automating workflow and creating sales documents.
- Safety - double protection of data that is duplicated from the ERP system and stored on servers in the cloud where a copy is created.
- Control - real control over the entire sales in one system by regular reports of all points of contact.
- Inerrancy - elimination of errors that occur due to manual rewriting orders.
Our goal is to provide a permanent bridge of communication through integrators which will collect and distribute certain information automatically between systems of sales and ERP systems.
Scheme of data exchange between the sales system and the ERP
On the basis of the scheme, the following should be distinguished:
- online store engine located on external servers,
- database server and the ERP system located at the customer's headquarters,
- application of i-systems integrator started and running on a server at the customer's control panel with access to the Internet and a database of the ERP system,
- connecting showrooms to the central database of Subiekt using a corporate VPN network.
The integrator is propriety synchronous system, written in .NET. Installations are carried out remotely on the computers running warehouse and accounting systems.
As dedicated software developers, we know that every company is different and requires an individual approach. Therefore, we have adjusted the process of developing integrations so as to fully implement their tasks.
Step 1 - Analysing the scope of integration is part of pre-implementation and focuses on the issue of data exchange between the existing systems. During the meeting, our specialists ask about the scope and direction of the information to be exchanged, the number of warehouses, the method for identifying the goods, current workflow. The result is a completed questionnaire being the basis for a proposal of solutions.
Step 2 - Modelling processes, our team, basing on the results of the analysis, produces documentation describing all of the functionalities available in the planned integration. The document, if necessary, is consulted with the customer and a representative of the company providing ERP software. This allows each party of the agreement to have full knowledge and influence on the final scope of the specification before starting work on the integrator.
Step 3 - Production, basing on the approved specification, development work is ordered. Before the final commissioning, the integrator undergoes tests during which proper operation of all of the functionalities assumed in the specification is tested. Installation on the target computer is the final step of works, combined with training employees responsible for handling and controlling the integrator.
After completion of the entire process, the project of integration is constantly updated under a separate service support. The scope of integration can be at any time extended with other elements.
Scope of integration
The basic scope of full integration can be downloaded HERE.
There are several groups of information undergoing synchronization:
- Product information (Developing files, Availability, Prices, Discounts, Promotions, Stock)
- Information about contractors (Balances, Promotions, limits, Discounts, Order history)/li>
- Sales documents (Bookings, Inquiries, Confirmations of payment, Invoices, Booking, Receipts)
- Many warehouses (Division of orders into warehouses, Planned availability, Movements)
- Sales reports - the possibility of creating sales reports. Data integration of different points of contact enables a continuous review of sales plans and a very quick search of unprofitable business areas.
That types of data that can be exchanged depend on the possibilities of the ERP software. The final scope is to be determined in step 2 of the process.
Standard order processing is as follows. After placing an order through any contact point (our online store, B2B platform, e-doc). The order appears in the i-systems panel, then, within cyclical synchronization carried out by an integrator, the order will be automatically mapped in the ERP system with an CO (ZK) document (customer order). In case when the customer does not exist in the database of the ERP program, a corresponding file is created. At the time of payment for the order, the system will change the order status and inform the ERP about the payment made and create the relevant documents of sale, a receipt or an invoice, depending on what the customer expected.
Integration meets the requirements of modern OmniChannel sales strategy.
If the ERP software permits, we carry out such functionalities as:
- receipts at points
Order handling at showrooms
The process of handling orders with personal reception at a showroom assumes the integrator to generate an ST (MM) document (stock transfer). Such documents are available in selected ERP systems.
Orders with personal reception assume the principle that the ordered goods are transferred from the sock of the Internet store to the stock of the showroom. Implementation of another method of handling documents (e.g. without transferring the goods to the showroom stock) will be possible from the ERP system and the store's back-office by setting the appropriate status of orders.
Schematic diagram of order execution with personal reception in Subiekt GT
The following processes are parts of the scheme:
- The customer's choice of the showroom - as part of the registration process of the order, the customer will be able to indicate the showroom in which they want to collect the ordered product.
- The i-systems system will register a new order with the mode of delivery "Personal reception".
- The order will be mapped with a booking in the online store stock.
- After completion of products, the employee changes the status to orders sent to the showroom.
- For the orders with the "sent to the showroom" status, the integrator application in the ERP system will generate ST documents that transfer goods from the online store stock to the showroom stock, within the process for the customer's order, booking will be removed.
- The final document executing the order will be issued at the showroom during the reception by the customer.
Integrating several different ERP systems
Data exchange based on the integrator can also be used to connect several ERP systems. Such integrations fulfil their role in controlling distribution or integration of business partners in a reporting system.